First we want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for trying to travel green!
Since 2008, we have been a proud member of the UN Foundation of Sustainable Tourism. We are, therefore, committed to providing green service to our clients as best as we can.As part of our membership in these association,we are charged with providing info and to "educate" the traveler and to share with him/her what we have learned about how best to protect our environment and the beauty of the Baja Peninsula.
Try to think green, and give yourself a pat on the back for doing all you can to help to protect all the beautiful destinations we all love to visit.
Changes we already made
Below are some of the changes we have made in order to protect the environment.
- We recycle plastic, glass bottles, and aluminum cans.
- We use biodegradable laundry and dish soap.
- During the summer months we don't use hot water in the showers.
- We changed the green grass for bricks and local rocks in the garden and need much less water now.
- We only use energy saving light bulbs.
You can help us to "Think Green" by doing the following:
- Please turn off all the lights when you leave your room.
- Please ensure the air-conditioning is off when you leave your room so we don´t have to do it for you. (The mini-split air-conditioners are quite powerful, and will cool the room almost immediately when you return.)
- La Paz is in a desert, and water is a very limited resource. Please make careful use of water a very high priority!
- Take only necessary brochures or maps.Return others to the brochure table.
- Always carry your own bar of soap and shampoo when you travel.
- Don't buy endangered-species products, and leave the shells on the beautiful beaches.
- Bring a used plastic bag to the beach and pick up at least one bag of litter. You will be a great example!
- You can refill your water bottle at el angel azul for free.Travel always with your own aluminum bottle.